1. Campbell, L.A., T.B. Graham, L.P. Thibault, and P.A. Stine. 1996. The arroyo toad (Bufo microscaphus californicus). U.S. Department of the Interior, National Biological Service, California Science Center, Technical Report (NBS/CSC-96-01).
2. Fish and Wildlife Service. 1999. Arroyo southwestern toad (Bufo microscaphus californicus) recovery plan. U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, Portland, Oregon.
3. Jennings, M.R., and M.P. Hayes. 1994. Amphibian and reptile species of special concern in California. Final report to the California Department of Fish and Game, Inland Fisheries Division, Rancho Cordova, California, under contract 8023.
4. Sweet, S.S. 1993. Second report on the biology and status of the arroyo toad (Bufo microscaphus californicus) on the Los Padres National Forest of southern California. Report to U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Los Padres National Forest, Goleta, California.
5. http://www.tenan.vuurwerk.nl/reports/firstavenue/arroyotoad.htm. 1997,2001. Joan Goble and Rene de Vries.
6. U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service. 1994. Endangered and threatened wildlife and plants; determination of endangered ststus for teh arroyo southwestern toad.
7. U.S. Sweet, S.S. 1992. Ecology and status of the arroyo toad (Bufo microscaphus californicus) on the Los Padres National Forest of southern California, with management recommendations.